Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Backstreet Boys

Yesterday at Gay Pride I managed to catch a glimpse of Backstreet Boys.
Boy, it was a long day. I almost missed them, and well, I actually missed them.
I did not know why I was so desperate to see them,
"are they still popular?" No, not really.
But I guess now I understand why.

I was about 10, obsessed with Toy Box and Vengaboys.
Then I found Westlife.
Then it was "As Long As You Love Me" that I kept re-playing for n times.
Then I was officially a fan of boybands.
Westlife, BSB, N*sync, A1, etc...

Yesterday at the Gay Pride I realized how far I've come.
Being a young girl, I never thought I would meet them.
Let's make it clear, it's not just about Backstreet Boys.
I never thought that I will be here today, America.
It felt so far away, like two different worlds.
It's like living in American dream...


No comments:

Post a Comment