Monday, November 30, 2009

Marc Jacobs


God, look at this guy to my left.
Anybody know who is he?
He is the legendary Marc Jacobs!
Yea, he does look a little weird in this picture,
I still love you anyway, Marc.
Although, I still can't afford you.
Not even Marc by Marc Jacobs.
All I got is your neon pink bag,
which I have used until it worn out.
I have dreamed to visit your store at Filmore.
Maybe I should,
It looks huge,
bigger Marc Jacobs store means bigger chance to find a good buy :)
Okay Marc,
I will see u soon.

Okay enough about me dreaming for a Marc Jacobs.
You should have known him, you should.


Marc Jacobs was only 16 when he started working as a stock boy at the influential Upper West Side boutique Charivari. It was there that he first met Perry Ellis-the designer who, Jacobs say, encouraged him to apply to Parsons the New School for Design and mentored him while he was a student. 8 years later, Jacobs produced his infamous grunge collection for the Perry Ellis label. It was also at Charivari that Jacobs sold his first pieces, a collection of oversize, hand-knit sweaters that he designed while at Parsons (his grandmother made the original samples), the popularity of which he still refers to as "kind of my first big break."

Today Jacobs is one of the most well-known and closely wtched designers in the world, helming his own signature label, a diffusion laine, and the French luxury brand Louis Vuitton. But he shies away from offering explicit advice to anyone looking to duplicare his success : "I hate the word advice" he explains. "It's not a mathematical situation. I'm happy to share my experience, but everybody has a different path."

Noticed dramatic improvement in my writing? The last 2 paragraphs were actually a direct huge quotation from Teen Vogue Handbook, my new bible :)

For people who is aiming to be a designer, here is an advice..

Get your stuffs out there! When Jacobs created his first line of sweaters, his pals wore them all around town. Photos of the knits ended up in the newspaper, which generated buzz about the designer.

Everybody was like "Who is Marc Jacobs?"

Now you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment